CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification reflects the role of early childhood educators who are especially responsible for designing and implementing the curriculum in early childhood education and care services. Their role has a major impact on children’s lives as their strategic work affects and encompasses a significantly greater number of young individuals.
Our students in this course, will become grounded and confident in mid to high levels of childhood education and care management and operations, as well as potentially responsible for supervision of volunteers or other staff.
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care graduates at Liberty Construction College benefit greatly from the opportunity to perform in high roles within the industry, while experiencing paid work opportunities provided by our industry partners; as well as having an optional pathway to university.
Job roles and titles may vary across the industry however possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Family Day Care Manager
- Day Care Supervisor
- Child Care Manager
- Preschool Manager
- Overseas students need to be over 18 years of age.
- Academic IELTS score of 5.5 overall with minimum 5 in each band or equivalent*
- Must completed high school Year 12 or equivalent*
- The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is offered over 78 weeks including term break.
- Students are required to undertake 240 hours, 12 weeks of student work placement during the course.
PRIOR AND EXISTING SKILLS
It is important that you inform and advise Liberty College prior to enrolment about any existing skills and prior knowledge and education. This ensures Liberty College can provide the appropriate structure and student support throughout the course.