CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
The construction industry is one of the fastest growing industries in Australia with plenty of employment opportunities and high pay rates. A Certificate III in Carpentry can be your ticket into the world of construction. You will acquire in-demand skills and techniques including:
- Constructing wall frames
- Installing flooring systems
- Using carpentry tools and equipment
- Carrying out levelling operations
- Reading and interpretting plans
- And much more!
At Liberty College we provide aim to prepare our students for the workforce! This certification is offered as a mixed-mode course, meaning students will spend time learning in class, reading and taking quizzes online, practising skills in the campus practical area, and developing real worksite skills during job placement hours. Liberty students receive quality support to help find a workplacement and regular opportunities to meet industry professionals.
Liberty College offers a package containing both the Certificate III in Carpentry and the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) which is completed over the course of two years. CRICOS 095745F
Job roles and titles may vary across the industry however possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Form Worker
- English proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 5.5
- We accept IELTS, PTE, TOEFL, OET and CAE
- Students can also start with a General English pathway
- You do not have to provide proof of English if you can provide proof that you are one of the following:
- You have completed at least five years of study in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, South Africa or the Republic of Ireland do not have to provide proof of English
- You are a citizen and passport holder of the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland
- You have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or study at Certificate IV level or higher in Australia within the last two years
- Students must be at least 18 years old
- Demonstrate Language, Literacy, and Numeracy proficiency OR have a minimum of 10 – 12 years of education
- Competent computer skills and access to the internet
- The CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry is offered over 24 months
- If you choose to take the package course including Certificate III in Carpentry and Certificate IV in Building and Construction then the duration of the whole program is 104 weeks (2 years: 92 weeks study and 12 weeks vacation)
- You will receive an orientation from your trainer within one week of your enrolment
- Students are required to undertake a minimum of 360 hours of student work placement during the course
- At Liberty College we work with our partners to identify student placement hours
PRIOR AND EXISTING SKILLS
It is important that you inform and advise Liberty College prior to enrolment about any existing skills and prior knowledge and education. This ensures Liberty College can provide the appropriate structure and student support throughout the course.
PATHWAYS TO FUTURE STUDY AND CAREERS
- After achieving the Certificate III in Building and Construction (Building), students may undertake the Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building).
- Liberty College offers a combination package containing both the Certificate III and Certificate IV over a 24-month period.
The Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required for the course is:
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- Ear plugs/muffs
- High visibility reflective vest.